Inspired by Music Director Gisèle Becker’s vision and award-winning programming, Cantate strives to bring neglected masterworks to light; present choral classics to a modern audience with a fresh, historically informed twist; nurture young composing talent; and extend the choral repertoire with significant new works for chorus. Your support is critical to Cantate’s mission of making the greatest choral music accessible.
Ways You Can Support Cantate
Because only a small portion of our overall revenue comes from ticket sales, Cantate’s organizational success is only possible thanks to generous donations of time, talent and resources by our singers and patrons, donors and institutional supporters. Here are ways you can help:
- Purchase a season subscription (or two!) for yourself and friends.
- Attend our concerts and post-performance receptions.
- Donate now to our Annual Fund by mail or online. Consider making a monthly, recurring gift to guarantee that Cantate can rely on sustainable funding throughout the season. Even $10 a month makes a genuine difference!
- Support the Guenther Fund, a special way to sustain Cantate’s commitment to new choral commissions.
- Ask your employer to match your gift to maximize your contribution to Cantate.
- If you shop on Amazon, designate Cantate as your Amazon Smile recipient.
- Take Cantate home with you: Purchase our CDs!
- Subscribe to our mailing list and receive email alerts.
- Like us on Facebook and share your favorite moments from concerts
- Volunteer! Consider lending your gifts to Cantate.
Thank You to Our Supporters
Cantate Chamber Singers is supported in part from the Montgomery County government and The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County, the Maryland State Arts Council, and The Dallas Morse Coors Foundation for the Performing Arts. Cantate also thanks all its tireless volunteers, singers, board members, publicity and outreach team, and concert box office and ushers.
We are grateful to all the individuals and institutions that have sustained Cantate for more than 30 years – and those who do so in the future!
For more information on how you can contribute to, and volunteer for, Cantate, please contact Elizabeth Sullivan, Development Director and Executive Board vice chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.